Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Watch: HBO Releases A Full Length Trailer For ‘True Blood’ Season 4

For the past few months, we’ve been seeing behind the scenes promo videos for the upcoming 4th season of True Blood debuting on HBO in June. As you may recall, we saw videos that featured Eric Northman, Jason Stackhouse, Bill Compton and more. Today we get our FIRST LOOK at the first full-length trailer for [...]

A few weeks ago, I finally finished reading the final book of The Hunger Games trilogy … Mockingjay. Because David and I were traveling and then a host of other things distracted me, I never got the chance to blog about the book. Now that all of the tributes have been cast for the upcoming Hunger Games film, I’m really getting anxious to see the story brought to life on the big screen. Read on for some of my (possibly spoilery) thoughts on the final book of the Hunger Games trilogy.




To be honest, I kinda had a feeling that the final book was not going to end on a happy note. Considering the way that Catching Fire ended, it was plainly obvious that the final book was going to be war-centric. I can understand why some fans feel that Mockingjay is the worst of the 3 books but I honestly loved it … and felt that, in the end, the trilogy stands as an excellent series of books. My guess is that the folks who do not care for Mockingjay take great issue with the fact that the book did not end happily. I can think of one death in particular that prolly angered a great many fans. Because that death took such an innocent character, it makes sense that there would be anger. Mockingjay makes the excellent point, tho, that War is Hell. Death can strike anyone … and even the people who you thought were the good guys sometimes do bad things. I can only judge Mockingjay in context with the two previous books … and as a trilogy, I loved The Hunger Games. I’m not going to lie tho … I did have strong feelings when I finished the book. I was obviously sad and angry … but any book that can make me feel that way has to be a damn good book. I am really curious to see how these tales will be told on the big screen. The first film will really give us a good idea of how well the books will be represented on the screen.


I’m curious … can those of you who have strong feelings — either good or bad — about the final book chime in? I’d love to hear what other people think of the book.


It’s Friday and time for the weekend. My dear friend Monique is visiting LA this weekend from Hong Kong and we are going with my friend Eileen to see Prince at The Forum. Yes, I know … more Prince? Yep. As I said, I will see him as many times as I can while he is still playing here. It’s so crazy to get to see one of your fave musicians over and over and over and for such a small price. Let the weekend commence!!




Morris Louis
Thomas Hart Benton
Roy Lichtenstein
Coldplay
Keith Haring

No comments:

Post a Comment