Saturday, September 3, 2011

First Look: The First Photos From Madonna’s Film ‘W.E.’ Hit The Internets

Last year we saw photos from the filming production of Madonna‘s next directorial film W.E. Today, just about a month ahead of its premiere at the Venice Film Festival, we get to see the first official stills from the flick. I have to say … nothing that I’ve seen or heard about the film has [...]

As I mentioned earlier, David and I met up with a group of friends yesterday to see a new film that you may not have heard about titled Another Earth. For the past week or so, David has been trying to get me to see this film but because I hadn’t heard a thing about it (at all), I wasn’t all that excited to see it. To be honest, I got talked into seeing this movie yesterday … and boy, am I glad that I went. I’m rarely 100% impressed with movies but I have to say … this one comes close. Another Earth is truly an inventive film that is well written, well acted and not at all what you might expect.




Briefly, Another Earth tells the tale of the strange occurrence of a duplicate planet Earth showing up in our orbit and the circumstances that grow out of that phenomenon. You might think this is a sci fi film or that the focal point of the story would revolve around this Earth 2 … but no. The main focus of the film is about a young girl who accidentally (while drunk driving) ruins a man’s life by killing his family and the pain she goes thru trying to right the wrong. When I tell you that the story in Another Earth is compelling, I am not kidding … it’s a gripping and sad tale that gets really tragic. The lead actress Brit Marling (who also co-wrote the script) and lead actor William Mapother (Tom Cruise‘s cousin) are nothing short of spectacular in this film. The complicated way their lives intertwine as the story unfolds is just … beautiful. While I personally feel there are minor plot points that are problematic, I really wouldn’t say there is anything wrong with this film. Another Earth surprised and impressed the HELL out of me. The indie film is in limited release so I’m hoping it will do well enough to open wide in more markets. Trust me, this is a great film that you will be very surprised by. I really, really loved it.




Jasper Johns
Anneau (Sigillaire)
Tony Smith
litigation
Tamara De Lempicka

No comments:

Post a Comment